Friday 20 September 2013

SIMS 2020



20th September 2020,
I opened up the newspaper today and the headlines read, “CAT results out. Top B-schools had a long list of candidates waiting for the results. Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies makes yet another step up in the rankings.” I read the whole article and realized that my alma mater, SIMS had made a huge leap since I left the B-school. It was now one of the top 15 B-schools in India and was giving cut throat competition to the best ones.

This brought a whole turmoil of memories in my mind and I kept on wondering the whole day about the journey of SIMS in these 9 years. When I joined SIMS in 2013, it was ranked 26th amongst the B-schools in India. SIMS indeed has come a long way through. Today, when I look at the infrastructure, the hostels, the recreation area, the Basketball Court and above all the image of SIMS in the education fraternity, everything has taken many steps forward. There was a time when the major thing SIMS was known for is being the party college and today it has the reputation of one of the best educational institutions in India. SIMS always had the differential advantage of being a college with wards of defence personnels. Today, the entire world can see that. SIMS alumni have adjusted to the work culture and the locations outstandingly well. Apart from that, the top executives and directors of many Multi-National Companies have SIMS alumni as a part of them. One does not see SIMS as just any part of the SYMBIOSIS international University, but, SIMS has made a name for itself in the past years. Last time when I went to SIMS was during the last alumni meet, and believe me the Alumni Meets have improved a lot too. The kind of treatment that the alumni get, the kind of hospitality and follow-up procedures everything has improved tremendously. Ihe infrastructure has been expanded. they had all the kinds of sports facilities for the students with proper courts. SIMS also has provisions for all other activities like dance, drama, debates, MUNs etc as well. The events that happen in SIMS have gone to international levels as well. There has been no month that SIMS has not been in the newspaper. No doubt, it is because of the hardwork of the faculty, staff and students at SIMS. Had it not been because of them, SIMS would have not reached a place where the sky is the limit.

Today I feel proud to say that I am an alumnus of SIMS. I myself am a symbol of SIMS who would wat to keep unto its name and honour. There have been times when people had let me down but today they have respect for me when they know I am a SIMSite. i just pray that SIMS keeps on excelling the way it has been and the path of SIMS has no obstacles in between.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing for more info. visit http://www.fivefingersmedia.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting way to provide information through creative blog. Thanks for sharing the informative post.
    Ad Film Production House in Indore

    ReplyDelete